Thursday, July 24, 2008

Recipe #2

Magical Peanut Butter Cookies (Courtesy of Paula Deen-Food Network Star)

1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
1 1/3 cups baking sugar replacement (Splenda) (regular sugar can be used as well)
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet.

In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, 1 cup sugar replacement, the egg, and vanilla, and stir well with a spoon. Roll the dough into balls and roll into remaining sugar replacement. Push down slightly into criss cross pattern. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown, do not overbake. Let cool slightly before removing from baking sheet.

Go ahead and make a double batch because they go fast.

2 comments:

Suzie said...

these are the best peanut butter cookies I have ever had. YUMMY!!!!!! by the way, can you make some more for me soon? LOL

Nicole said...

Please send some my way! I would love to try them - they'd be even better with a Hershey Kiss stuck right in the middle - YUM!!!

Enjoying your blog, Kelly. Like I've told Suz; I read them daily, but just never have enough time to comment. I'll try to send you some good recipes.

Love ya!