Thursday, February 12, 2009

I am feeling good!

Today is a good day. It is Thursday, one more day in the work week to go. I am spending the entire weekend cleaning, I can not wait to have a sparkling clean house. Yeah!!

We are having special treats tomorrow at work to help celebrate Valentine's Day. I know it may sound a bit corny but when you work in a warehouse full of men, they tend to appreciate the gesture and in turn are more than willing to help you out when needed. Pretty much it is a win/win situation. In honor of Valentine's Day, tomorrow is going to be a day of treats...the three of us are making sweet treats to bring in. I guess I am going to have to hit the gym hard next week. If I walk to the gym, workout, and then walk home I may burn off the calories that I am going to consume tomorrow...let's face it, I am driving to the gym...I am not fooling anyone!

I got good news the other day that Suz and Ron will be coming home next month for a short visit. They have some business to take care of in Ohio and then onto PA. I have even offered to drive to Ohio just so I can see them. I am hoping that they would be able to bring the kids up with them as I have not seen them since right before Halloween and I miss them. I can not wait to see all of them. This Texas/PA thing is going to kill me!!!

I am planning a special Valentine's Day dinner for my hubby and Zman. I am hoping to cook crab legs for them as they both love them. I am going to make some brownies and cut them out in heart shapes, frost them, and decorate them. I am sure that they will love both the crab legs and the brownies. We are making Valentine's Day cards for each other this year, I am trying to justify the amount of money that we spent on the Cricut machine. It seems to be working because even my husband likes using it to make things for me. I find it seems to mean so much more when the gift and card are homemade.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and a wonderful Valentine's Day (should you choose to celebrate).

3 comments:

Suzie said...

Just wanted to give you an FYI...I went to Hobby Lobby today to try and find some shelves for Cooper's things, and wouldn't you know it... they had pretty much all their scrapbooking things on sale. I just had to tell you! LOL
HUGS!! Love ya!

Amanda said...

You have a Cricut!?!?!?! I'm soooo jealous!

Danine said...

Glad you're having a wonderful Valentine's Day. Infortunately my hubby thinks it's just a "Hallmark holiday and a hoax" so nothing here for me but the usual.

Have a great one Kel, you deserve it!!