Monday, April 27, 2009

Hello...I am back!

It has been a while since my last post and honestly I did not have anything to nice to say and I was always taught that if you did not have anything nice to say then you should not say anything at all.

This weekend the weather was beautiful. I took the day off on Friday and raked all the leaves out of the flower beds, cleaned up the sticks from our recent wind storms, and generally enjoyed the nice weather. I decided that Saturday was going to be a family day so we threw the golf clubs in the car and off we went.

We decided to go to New York and hit a few antique shops where we found a pair of beer lights for our basement (which is complete with pool table, air hockey, darts, and a television). The beer lights are wooden with Schmidt Beer globes and will look awesome with our sports memorabilia that we already have down there. After our antiquing adventure, we decided to head to a little place in Barcelona, New York that sells smoked whitefish. The hubby and Zman were absolutely ecstatic as this is one of their absolute favorites. When we pulled up they were just opening the smokers to empty them out, the smell was wonderful. (I know that you are saying Ewww! Suz)

We continued to take the scenic route through Dunkirk and then through Jamestown where we stopped and I found the kitchen cabinets of my dream. We priced it out and we can actually do it for a couple of thousand dollars compared to the several thousands that I thought it was going to be. I am so excited, I am saving every penny. I am also accepting any donations from those who know what my very blue kitchen cabinets look like now...lol!

We stopped and had lunch at Applebees where I had the magnificent Crispy Orange Chicken Bowl which is my favorite. It has rice, broccoli, snow peas, carrots, red peppers, fresh mushrooms, onions, slivered almonds, chow mien noodles, and chicken in a spicy orange sauce.
YUMMY!!!!

We then hit the driving range in Edinboro for a few fun filled hours. I got to swing the clubs a little, drive a few balls, and eventually we played a round of miniature golf where the hubby kicked our butts. We had a good time and that is all that matters.

On Sunday we walked in the March of Dimes, March for Babies. I was walking in honor of my two nephews, Tommy and Cooper. According to the paper, there were 2500 walkers but I believe there were more. I think that there were 2500 registered however there were friends with registered walkers that were not included in the 2500. My friend Karen walked with Zman and I. We walked half of it and well let's be honest, I was not going to walk the other half. Thanks to the cheese bus drivers that were there to rescue us amateur walkers.

I hope that everyone had the nice weather and had the opportunity to enjoy it.

Here's wishing everyone sunny days ahead!

1 comment:

Suzie said...

Funny how you know what I am thinking about the nasty fish... haha Sounds like a fun trip. Waiting to hear when you will be making a trip about 1500 miles south-west???? It is not like you dont know how to get here.... haha just teasing. Miss ya bunches!