Sunday, March 29, 2009

A day of rest...

Today is Sunday and I would like to know what happened to Sunday being a day of rest?

This is a list of things that I accomplished today...as I am sure you will agree, I need to go back to work to get a little rest.

8:30 am -start laundry
9:00 am -clean up basement
9:30 am -switch laundry, fold the clean laundry, and clean up the dryer sheets that I swear come out of no where
10:00 am -decide what to have for dinner and take it out of the freezer to thaw, start cleaning up the kitchen, clean the bathroom, tidy of the computer room, and sweep the hallway
10:30 am -switch the laundry again
11:00 am -start a grocery list and try to get Zman motivated to get a shower without telling him that he is going to head out to get a haircut...he will be thrilled
11:30 am -switch the laundry...do you see a pattern here? Talked to my dad on the phone for about 45 minutes and then decided that I needed to get my butt in gear if I was going to finish all the chores on my list
12:30 pm -get Zman to get a shower, he knows about the haircut thing now and he is not happy. He has decided at 12 years (almost 13 years old) that he can say when he will be ready for a haircut. I must remind him that until he is 18 years old I have control over every aspect of his life and he might as well get over it because no matter how stubborn he can be, he is a product of me and I am much more stubborn than he is.
1:00 pm - switch the laundry again and then I realize that Zman is finally in the shower so I started the washer on hot water and gave him a dose of cold water showers to cool off his preteen attitude that he has going on.
1:30 pm -head to Famous Hair with guns blazing and one pissed off preteen and now one pissed off Mom (me) because the woman that works there has the nerve to say to me in front of a full store "Wow Kelly, you really need to do something with your hair, do you want me to write down your name too?" Got to love the people that can not appreciate someone who has been working her butt off all day.
2:00 pm -head to Walmart to pick up some groceries again with a pissed off preteen because he did not want to go shopping, and then even more pissed off because I would not let him dictate what was going into the cart and I would not let him get this huge Nerf gun that was seriously $70.00 because I owe him for making him get a haircut. He so needs to work on his negotiating skills.
3:00 pm -went to work, printed some reports, read some nasty emails from my supervisors, dropped off my work groceries, and cleaned up my desk so that I can start fresh tomorrow with a clean desktop.

It is now 5:30 pm and the laundry is done, dinner smells great, and I have a somewhat clean house. I am satisfied and can now relax until tomorrow when I have to enter the hectic world of work.

Have a great evening!

1 comment:

Danine said...

First off Kel you made my evening, I sat here and laughed (sorry it had to be at your expense but I know you'd be doing the same and completely understand!) because I understand EXACTLY where you are coming from with the teenage attitude. LOVED the whole shower thing...chalk one up for the ol' mom *pumps fist in the air* YES! They just don't learn that us mom's DO KNOW IT ALL!!

Hears to hoping your week is wonderful!