Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lake Erie

We ventured out today to see the ice dunes and we happened to catch a spectacular sunset while we were there. Lake Erie is known for the beautiful sunsets and the pictures below will prove that. Enjoy!


The ice dunes were very impressive. We noticed that the dunes were very thin and very dangerous. Zman wanted to walk on them but my motherly instincts said no way! Just as we were walking away, there was a man and a woman that were standing on one of the dunes and they actually fell through the first layer of the dune. I am sure that it was very scary for them. There is a reason that they post signs all over the place that warn people about going out onto the dunes and the ice.


2 comments:

Suzie said...

but mom, I wanna walk on the dunes... haha Cant wait to see more pictures! See you in a few days. I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!! Love ya!

Amanda said...

Nice pictures! I was bummed that the dunes weren't nearly as big as past years. I think it's awesome when they're gigantic!