Monday, January 5, 2009

The countdown continues...

Well it has come to the time where I must accept the fact that in four short days I will be headed to Texas with my sister. I will be helping her get moved into a new home and set everything up so that when her hubby returns from the sand box that all they will need to worry about is being the happy couple that they are.

I have had my sister her with me for the last 14 months or so. She is my best friend (besides our husbands, we say that we are each other's best friend). We can finish each other's thoughts and sentences. We have been through a lot in our lives and especially within this last year. I will miss her terribly but I know that her and her hubby need time together. They need their time to grieve for their precious son. They need time to be a couple and hopefully by this time next year I will be an Aunt again. No pressure Suz!!!

Well not only am I going to be off of work and away from my normal life but I get the opportunity to spend the drive to and from Texas with the Zman. I am looking forward to it, even though he may talk a lot (he takes after his Mom!). He is going to be 13 soon and there are times when I feel like I am lucky that he has not got to the "I can not speak to my parents" stage. I also pray that I have raised him well enough to know that he will never feel that way. I want him to know that he can talk to me about anything and without much :) judgement. I am his mother after all, I am allowed to judge a little.

It is hard to believe that my baby is going to be 13. I don't really feel old, I feel more like an adult. I have been an adult for many years but never felt like I was an actual adult. In the last 10 years I have lost many friends, two nephews, relatives, and matured beyond my wildest dreams. I love my family dearly and would do anything to help anyone. One thing that I do not like is the games that people play. I have far too much going on in my world to play any games. I am choosing to focus my energy on Zman, hubby, true family, and close friends.

I know this is a lot of rambling but isn't that what this site is about? I can ramble and you can stop reading whenever you choose.

Happy Monday!
Kelly

1 comment:

boltefamily said...

Hoping you have a great trip to Texas! Can your little guy be 13 already? How did that happen?