Monday, January 12, 2009

Texas

We are here and the weather is gorgeous. I am really sorry that all of my friends and family are freezing up there in Pennsylvania...really I feel a little bad for them. :) We have been joking around that the only white thing on the ground down here is the Walmart bag that keeps floating around. This morning my Dad was talking to my Grandma and he told her that it snowed here last night, then he said that there were two Walmart bags instead of one. I know that sounds pretty corny and I am probably just delirious after spending 22 1/2 hours in a car but I thought it was pretty funny.

Suz has already headed to the base so that she can get her car registered and then we are off to experience IHOP. Zman has never been there and it has been a really long time since I was there. I started the SpecialK diet for part of my new year's resolution...I am sure that I will hit the gym here in the hotel at some point today so IHOP is not out of the question.

We are off to see some sights, Zman is so excited. He is becoming such a little man...my baby is getting so big. It won't be long and he will be taller than me and anyone who knows me knows that being taller than me does not take much but he is short like me and that is a big thing for him.

Happy Monday and here is to my first day of a real vacation. *Cheers* More from Texas later today. To all my friends in Pennsylvania...miss you guys (H and K).

1 comment:

Danine said...

glad you guys made it safe and sound. umm have a request to bring some of the nice weather back with you. know what you mean about Z growing up...it sucks! but it is also awesome in the same time. enjoy the trip back with him and the time to bond kel