Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow, Snow, and more Snow!

Yes, that is correct...we officially have more snow than I can stand. I went home after work yesterday and decided to run the snow blower before my husband got home. I opened his garage door (yes, we have two garages...that means, one is his and one is mine) and the snow was deeper than the height of the snow blower. Picture this...I am working to try to push the snow blower through 23 inches of snow that has accumulated and blown into the driveway when I realize that my neighbor is also cleaning out his driveway. Luckily for me the wind was blowing in his direction...I know, I am an awful person. Well here is where it gets funny.

I soon realize that not only am I blowing snow into his yard (which with the wind is making it into his driveway) but I am about to be blasted in the face with all of the snow that I am blowing. I learned that living on a corner lot makes it very difficult to blow snow in any one particular direction. My glasses were fogging up so badly that I had to put them on the workbench in the garage. I was continuing on my adventure without my glasses, I can see without my glasses but in this case would have proved to be a buffer between my eyes and the snow that was hitting me in the face. At one point in time I realized that I had shut my eyes to protect them from the snow...and they were frozen closed. I had to stick my head into my coat collar and breathe until my eyes were thawed out.

I seriously looked like the abominable snowman, my hair, boots, and now my coat were full of snow. Time to call the plow truck!

Here is my new credit card commercial...

Dinner because you were out for an hour and a half "trying" to clear the driveway and now don't have time to cook dinner...$25.00

Plow Truck, because the snow won...$40.00

Having my 12 year old take a picture of me because he thought it was funny to see his mom covered in snow with her eyes frozen shut...PRICELESS!

One a side note...he was made to shovel the porch off...you know what they say about paybacks! :)

1 comment:

Suzie said...

I want to see that picture!!!!!