Sunday, January 4, 2009

Welcome Back...Goodbye 2008!

I am back! Things have finally settled down at work and there is some sort of normalcy that one should be privileged to every now and then. I am no longer working the crazy hours that I have been in the past. I never realized how much I was stressed out or what path I was headed on until some good friends of mine suggested that I need to talk to someone. Well, after talking more to these friends (and family...thanks Suzie) I decided to go to the doctor and explain what I was experiencing. I have been diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression. I honestly would never have reached out to my doctor without the help of my friends. Without them I am not so sure that I would be able to sit here at type out my feelings the way I am today.

I never realized until today that I would miss expressing my feelings or sharing a recipe that I love. I like being able to express myself without judgement. Those of you who know me know that I have a bit of a obsessive/compulsive disorder along with control issues. I know that those who do know me are laughing right now. My life has taken so many twists and turns throughout the years that I find myself needing to sort out those feelings and express them so that I can make room for the positive thoughts and energy that I have resolved to find.

My New Years Resolutions are quite different this year. Yes I want to get back into shape and be more active but most of all I would like to renew my faith in the Lord, continue to build my relationship with my loving husband, raise my son (Zman) to be the best that he can be, and of course the most obvious of all...lose the weight (both physically and emotionally) that I have been carrying all these years.

I invite you to read through this journey with me and feel free to share any words of encouragement that you have to offer as well as any stories of similar situations that you may have.

Thank you,
Kelly

2 comments:

Suzie said...

Welcome Back to the Blogging World! We have missed you!

I am happy that you are where you are at emotionally right now. (well minus the fact that I am leaving and it will be hard for the both of us) I knew you just needed to let someone outside of your life hear what was going on. And now you are doing better, and it will continue.

I am going to miss you so much, but I am SO THANKFUL for everything you have done for me over the past 14 months. You are (besides Ron) my best friend and I love you so much!!!!

Danine said...

Isn't it funny how we both went down that same path. I'm praying that our paths continue to cross Kel. I MISSED YOU all these years. Let's help keep each other doing it right!